Saturday, October 2, 2010

Le Marais

 Did you think I forgot about shopping?? Not a chance- I made sure to
take in the gorgeous district of the Marais (it's original meaning is 'the marsh') -an area full of tiny streets and beautiful old buildings undergoing gentrification. Many of these buildings have fabulous chic boutiques, cafes and a lot of unique accessories and individual designs. My very favourite is at 47 Rue Saintonge- Isabel Marant. Loved the window display of a cactus garden and the design of the store. Across the street I spotted a tiny boutique which was closed on Saturday (many are) -where this simple, soft leather bag caught my eye in the window. You will also find  the oldest food market in Paris here- 'Le Marche des Enfants' built in 1615, a good reason to stop for lunch. I would really recommend a visit to this area starting at Bastille station, walking along Rue de Rivoli, taking the 3rd street right to the lovely Maison de Victor Hugo, and continuing through to the garden of Place de Vosges, then walking north towards Rue Veille du Temple and just get lost!

No comments:

Post a Comment