Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Jardin des Tuilleries

A day at the Louvre museum was high on the list of must sees. If I lived in Paris then I would be there often, it is just amazing to be in a palace that was built in the 13th century. And the first Sunday of each month is free entry.  I could really feel all lives of the many people who must have lived there. At one time the 1st floor was apparently home to artists and craftspeople until Napoleon moved in and wanted it all to himself and Josephine. I went twice. I don't know how many kilometres you can cover in a day there, but at the end I was definitely ready for a lie down and a cup of tea. Well you don't have to go far, because just 5 minutes walk away is the lush grass of Jardin des Tuilleries just behind that hedge, and at lunch time -everyone else had the same idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment