Wednesday, November 17, 2010

sydney harbour

I never tire of beautiful Sydney Harbour. As an Aussie, I love that I can visit my favourite places over and over again. Grab a Virgin Blue flight when they have their special fares- so reasonably priced- I paid $130 return from Brisbane to Sydney. Ferries are my favourite method of transport. The Sydney Harbour system crisscrosses from side to side - so many gorgeous waterside locations, all accessible by a variety of small to large ferries which travel several different routes. Catch the ferry to Balmain on a weekend and a 5 minute bus ride will take you to local Rozelle markets, a laidback neighbourhood market full of bargain treasures, on the spot massage tent, entertainment and good food. Other great wharves where the ferry stops are scenic Cremorne Point or McMahons Point- then walk up to the Balls Head Reserve for the best picnic spot and view.

No comments:

Post a Comment